Friday, September 5, 2014

College



I wanted to start a blog. 
So I did. I made a massive list of post ideas, planned when I'd post them and got really excited. 
Then a lot of life happened. One thing being college. I started my freshman year August 25 and it's all nuts.
But I'm going to share what I've learned so far.
It's way overwhelming, just college itself, not to mention the million other crazy things going on in my life. 

Here's my first day of school pictures. Notice the I can't believe I'm awake face and my cats' I can't believe you're doing this to me faces.



Please note that I wore the same shirt as two of my professors. I guess that's what I get for wearing a boys dress shirt to school.
So here are 13 things I learned about college these past two weeks.



1. People drink coffee in class. Some people bring actual mugs. Not travel ones. 

2. The desks are the size of a small notebook. I feel like Elf in class trying to fit all my stuff on it and take notes.  How do people not spill their coffee?

Just me in class 

3. The clocks are all behind you. So even when I'm sitting through my fourth lecture of the day, I'm not allowed to look at the clock without giving the impression to my professor "I'm bored, I hate your class, I want to go home!" 

4. You're on your own. You'll never hear "homework due next class" It's in the syllabus, it's all on you. Terrifying!

5. You actually have to read your text book. It's not an option.

6. I don't know what to wear. At my 8 am, everyone is wearing sweats or athletic clothes, but at my 9 am, I feel like everyone's wearing dresses. WHAT DO I WEAR??

7. Teachers say naughty words in class.

8. It's 95 outside but 33 inside. Again with the WHAT THE HECK DO I WEAR?

9. Books are expensive. I always thought that I could order them online for like $30 used. I was wrong. I did that with as many as I could, but some require new books so you have online access. My accounting book with online code? That'll be $286. I wanted to cry!

10. I may need to visit the chiropractor after lugging a backpack the size of a small child around. Man!

11. Party talk. I'm sure if I were a partier this would be cool, but since I'm not it annoys me to hear about how late they were out last night when I'm trying to learn what goes on a balance sheet.

12. I'm just exhausted. Sleepy alllll the time.

So that's what I've learned so far. Don't get me wrong I like it! It's just a lot to get used to. So good luck to you if you're new like me! We can learn together!
Thanks for stopping by! 
xoxo, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment