Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Surviving Finals Week!



I know, I know. The "f" word. It makes me cringe too. My finals week starts May 11, but I'm already mentally preparing. It doesn't help that the theatre I work at is getting The Avengers this weekend and I am working something like 40 hours this week. 
SOS send help, cat photos, and cookie dough. Please.

But in my mental preparation, I've decided to share with you my 5 tips and tricks for surviving the end of the semester and my essentials to get me through. 

1. Sleep.
Lately since I've been working so much, and trying to squeeze in my homework at night and staying up even later than usual, I've been sleeping whenever physically possible. I can take a nap for 20 minutes before I need to leave for work? Heck yeah. I would rather nap for 20 minutes and be productive later, than to let myself get nothing done because I'm so exhausted.

(Add cats for extra happiness.)

2. Do your homework at a desk or table.
I'm most productive when I'm not at home, so I'll head to the library. It's easier to get distracted at home than it is in public. Plus, I feel more motivation to get done quicker so I can get home. I've tried doing my homework many, many times in bed and I always end up waking up to this. 


3.Moral Support
I always love having some kind of moral support. This is usually my mom reading her own book beside me, or most of the time, Bob sitting on my lap, book, papers, or anything else. I'm not sure why but it always helps me get a lot more done than when I'm by myself. 
(Bob gets just how I feel about studying)
4. Snacks
Lots of people will advise you to eat healthy and avoid caffeine. I am not lots of people. I encourage high consumption of chocolate and Diet Dr. Pepper. I don't know about you, but that gets me going way more than eating a salad. There's time for salads when finals are over. (maybe, if you're into that sorta thing)


5. Study
This might seem like an obvious one, but it's important to actually do this. I tend to get my stuff out, look at it, then melt down and go to bed. I'm determined to make hundreds of flashcards and study 'til I can't no more this time though.  

Here are some of my essentials for surviving finals week, including an outfit I plan to wear. (Amazon links are sponsored.)


1. Chocolate of some sort. My choice being Milky Way Midnight

2. I love this t-shirt
. I have a crewneck sweatshirt with the same saying, but this t-shirt is a cute alternative for the spring semester and either a sweatshirt or t-shirt is super comfortable.

3. I need caffeine, but I hate coffee. I turn to this unhealthy drink instead, but it's sooo tasty.

4. I need my furry little friend, Bob

5. I recently got these super cute sandals from Kmart and I haven't stopped wearing them since. I got them in both black and floral, but the floral is too cute to not favor.

6. I always feel better during finals if I look nice, even though I want to wear sweats. Instead I choose jeggings so I get the comfort without looking like a total bum. 

7. I am the biggest fan of messy buns, and lately I've been loving those low on my head. So simple, so cute.

8 & 9. I added my favorite eyelinerand mascarabecause it's a simple routine that's manageable after pulling an all nighter, but makes a huge difference in my appearance and looking awake.

10. Finally something actually finals related, I love, love, love my princess pencils. They really make you feel royal when you're studying and when you're testing. 

So hopefully these ideas and essentials helped you mentally prepare for finals week, and wish me the best of luck on my finals. Follow me on Instagram to stay updated and to offer your encouragement and cat photos :) (#Laceysfinalsweek) 

Kisses!
xoxo, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment