Saturday, September 20, 2014

DIY Wedding Decor

So about a month ago my sister and her fiancé decided to finally tie the knot. In a month. Enter me the temporary wedding planner. It's not going to be a traditional wedding, and with a short timeline and small budget we had to get creative. Here are some of the decorations.

I'll be posting after the wedding with all of the other simple decorations we used, and how it all came together, so stay posted for that!

You'll be able to see these babies in action, instead of just sitting on our kitchen table. At midnight. I really need to get my life together, people.


1. Floral Centerpieces
These have been floating around Pinterest for a while, but I couldn't track an original source. The idea behind these is SO simple, but I think they look seriously fancy shmancy if you ask me.

I used:
hot glue

wiffle balls
candle stick holders
fake flowers
wire cutters
fancy bits from Hobby Lobby

This is mind blowingly simple, I swear.
I simply cut the flowers off of their stems, and glued them into the holes of the wiffle balls. I glued some of the petals together to close any gaps between flowers where the ball might show, but the flowers were big enough that it wasn't a big problem. I glued the ball to the candlestick holder and then just added some of the little bits all around.
Ta-da!
 Fancy bits
 The nice ball before it's glued to the candle stick.
 Pretty, no?








2. Initials
Another super simple one. We used the initials of the bride and groom and a big &. For the glitter, we used Krylon Glitter Blast Glitter Spray. This photo sure as heck doesn't do any justice for the amount of sparkle there is. The L and A are just a plain blue. 



 3. Mr. & Mrs. Champagne Glasses

For this one I just picked up two of these glasses from Dollar Tree, used the same glitter spray, and picked up some alphabet scrapbooking letters. I also found this cool pearl trim in the scrapbook section too, and used acrylic gems as well.

 I taped off the glasses and painted the bottoms. Then I measured an inch from the top and lined up the pearl trim. Next I used a piece of masking tape to make sure I was gluing straight (I still managed to make it a little crooked) and glued the gems on in a pattern. I finally just added the Mr. and Mrs. and had a cute little set!









 I also took this gem (No pun intended) of a photo when I was spray painting. Bobby, oh, Bobby.

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo, Lacey



No comments:

Post a Comment